Fun facts about the berry of the moment!
Foodimentary - National Food Holidays
November 21 is the 1st annual National Cranberry Day*
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cranberry:
- Another name for cranberries is “bounceberries” because they bounce when ripe.
- Some Native Americans called the cranberry ibimi which means “bitter berry”
- Native Americans and Pilgrims used cranberries as a red dye.
- Wild cranberries were probably part of the first Thanksgiving in 1621.
- Today, cranberry sauce is an essential part of American and Canadian Thanksgiving celebrations.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Julie Child’s Holiday Recipes
Today’s Food History
- 1941 ‘King Biscuit Time’ radio show was first broadcast from Helena, Arkansas. It is the longest running daily radio program in history, broadcasting live blues music, interviews, etc. It is named for its sponsor, King Biscuit Flour. The ‘King Biscuit Flour Hour’ rock and roll radio program took its name from ‘King Biscuit Time.’
- 1970‘I Think I Love You’ by the…
View original post 33 more words